wHAT IS gALLATIN cOUNTY lOVE inc
Gallatin County Love In the Name of Christ is a 501(c)3 non-profit Christian ministry made up of a partnership of local Christian churches serving individuals and families in need living in Gallatin County. Love INC provides the necessary link between Partner Church volunteers, social service agencies, and our neighbors in need.
Rather than coming into people’s lives to just give them stuff, Love INC enters into a relationship with those in need, learns about the problems they are facing, and from there addresses the underlying cause. Love INC helps transform lives by bringing people from barely surviving to thriving.
Gallatin County Love In the Name of Christ is church-based. We are built by the churches and we operate for the churches to serve as a doorway to begin a relationship with a person in need which allows the Holy Spirit to begin the process of transformation for everyone in need.
We are one of many affiliates under the umbrella of National Love INC.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our mission is to mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities In the Name of Christ.
To see Christian Churches United in purpose and fully engaged in actively living out their faith by lovingly serving people in need in their communities.
- We are CHRISTIAN. Everything we think, say, and do is in the name of Christ.
- PRAYER is an integral part of who we are.
- We follow Christ’s example of valuing those in NEED.
- We value UNITY of the Body of Christ.
- We value TRANSFORMATION in the lives of people and communities.
- We value CHURCHES living out the two great commandments to love God and love their neighbors.
- We value building Christ-like RELATIONSHIPS.
- We value CONNECTEDNESS of the Love INC movement.
- We model EXCELLENCE.
- We value continually MATURING in our capacity to meet people’s needs.
THE APOSTLE’S CREED
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord.
He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day He rose again.
He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
*Catholic in this context refers to the universal church